Overview of Voyager & Endeavor
Voyager & Endeavor: Reading and Writing for Today’s Adults stands alone in the way it engages and empowers students.
- Students understand what they will be learning in each lesson and why, with Learning Goals presented at the beginning of every lesson.
- Pre-reading segments in every lesson allow students to share their experience and knowledge and relate them to the upcoming reading selection.
- Students apply active learning strategies in each reading and writing activity.
- Think About It and Write About It pages contain activities that continually reinforce the active learning strategies and develop specific skills.
Voyager & Endeavor: Reading and Writing for Today’s Adults provides a solid foundation of balanced instruction to ensure success.
- The series balances direct and indirect instruction in skills, strategies, and processes.
- It balances meaning emphasis and skills emphasis.
- It balances the type of readings that are part of each lesson, from literature and poetry to documents and informational selections.
Voyager & Endeavor are highly appealing and they keep students' involved in every lesson.
- Student books 1-8 are each divided into four units. Every unit has its own theme, such as Everyday Heroes, Family Ties, A Sense of Community, and Success on the Job.
- Integrated reading, writing, speaking, and listening activities in each lesson focus on the theme of the unit.
- Short stories, student writing, contemporary literature, biographies, informational selections, and documents (charts, graphs, etc.) provide variety and relevance.
- Multicultural readings appeal to a wide audience and cross age barriers.
- Readings present characters who are good family members, citizens, and workers.
- Each page is inviting, non-intimidating, and adult-looking to keep your students reading.
Voyager & Endeavor provides teacher support throughout and meets accountability standards.
- Lesson-by-lesson teacher’s notes, extension activities, and photocopy masters provide a complete road map for teaching critical reading and writing skills.
- Flexibility allows for individual as well as group instruction.
Voyager & Endeavor: Meeting Accountability Standards
- The series is compatible with standardized tests such as informal/portfolio assessments.
- It reflects and integrates elements from balanced instruction, SCANS, and EFF (Equipped for the Future).
- Free TABE, CASAS, and SCANS correlations are available upon request.
Voyager & Endeavor Pricing
|Voyager -- Student Book Intro
Contact us with any questions.